As part of the Asia Sourcing team, the Sourcing Trainee will assist and manage the purchase of the assigned categories and key priorities in Asia, to ensure that the needs of the business are met in terms of operational requirements, cost savings, risk mitigation and innovation.
What You Will Do
The Sourcing Department covers all of the following procurement categories, plus transversal projects:
- Premises projects (Real Estate Agents, PM and Designer, Contractors, MEP, Furniture).
- Facility Management: soft services and maintenance.
- IT equipment.
- IT services providers and consulting.
- Marketing and communication.
- Professional services (training, legal, recruitment, temporary work).
The successful candidate will ensure the SG’s Sourcing processes is observed and contribute to the yearly savings targets. You will work closely with the stakeholders across SG entities in Asia Pacific Region including local Heads and COOs, will also work with the SG Group Sourcing Division members from the Head office in France.
- Assist the products and services selection process for internal stakeholders.
- Create tender specification, handle quotation comparison/analysis and price negotiation to select the suitable suppliers.
- Provide assistant for the proper execution of the internal sourcing guidelines and policies.
- Support the implementation of sourcing strategy to establish long terms business plans.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Business Management or similar.
- Ability to explain clearly the sourcing policy and process to the stakeholders.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work within tight timeframes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to build and cultivate good working relationships with Business Lines and Vendors.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, sense of service, and flexibility are essential.
- Effectiveness, team spirit and an ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel is a MUST.
- Transversal knowledge of the services and products of the corporate and investment banking sector. Specific knowledge of SG group is an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must, and Chinese language skills is an advantage.
This is a fixed term 12-month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Management
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:3rd Aug 2021, 6:00 pm