As a Finance Partner to the Central Support Functions (CSF), your missions include:
- Monitor and control departmental costs for CSF in Asia. Departments in CSF include Risk, Compliance, Legal, Finance, Human Resources, and Audit
- Actively participate and contribute to the management of costs during the key milestones of the year (e.g. Monthly reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting)
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial results, including annual forecasts
- Develop the department Budgets
- Analyze and comment on the gaps between Actuals, Budget, and Forecast to Department Heads and Senior Management
- Contribute in the computation and analysis of Standard Rates by Department and Entity within Asia Region
- Support the team in various functions, e.g. coordination with our teams in Bangalore, Paris and across Asia, participation in projects and ad-hoc studies
- Participate in the automation and offshoring initiative in cooperation with Head-Office and Project Teams
- Lead a regular review of our process and procedures to cater new business requests, improve operational efficiency, optimize process and ensure risk controls and regulation compliance
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Accounting or similar
- Proficient in MS Office, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Good interpersonal skills and team player
- Motivated with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities and high demands
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
The key role of the Finance Department is the supervision of the accounting, controlling function and performing required analysis impacting the financial performance of our activities in Asia.
Within this department, the Strategic Financial Steering team oversees the financial monitoring of all functions within the Bank.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:15th Feb 2021, 3:00 pm