The job offer relates to one of GLBA business line - Trade and Commodity Finance department in charge of financing of traders and commodity players/processors as well as trade finance to cover traders and commodity players against non-payment risk.
What You Will Do
The main mission is to bring a support to the TCF Front Office and especially TRA activity. The candidate must in first time understand the traders’ flows and their type of operations together with the specifics of the transactional trade finance products and flows of commodity in order to help:
Marketing and Origination:
- Gather information from a variety of sources on potential customers and target countries (company accounts, market reports, Bloomberg, internet, etc.).
- Analyze in detail the corporate profile and FI profile (market, business, competition, organization, etc.) as well as historical audited accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of credit approvals.
- Participate in the preparation of credit applications to obtain approval to execute deals and /or lines (bank and corporate) renewal.
- Perform calculation of deal profitability with limited supervision.
- Assist in deal management and booking.
- Assist with internal approval processes.
- Gather information to assist in preparation of management reviews and reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business or similar.
- Knowledge on computer software and applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VBA).
- Basic banking, accounting and finance knowledge.
- Reliable and cooperative with good team spirit.
- Good organizational skills.
- Pro-active and willing to take challenge.
- Fluency in English is mandatory. Proficiency in French and Cantonese will be preferred.
- Team Spirit - Open mindset: I listen and share my views and my expertise in an open mode.
- Team Spirit - Collective mindset: I Favour the team’s interest over my own results.
- Innovation - Thinking out of the box/Creativity: I propose new ideas and solutions.
- Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs.
- Responsibility - Performance: I strive for high performance.
- Commitment - Care: I demonstrate consideration for others.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:23rd Mar 2021, 6:00 pm