- Assist fixed-income exotic traders on projects and in their daily tasks
- Learn how to price vanilla and exotic instruments and help in automating pricing platforms
- Implement tactical tools to analyze and monitor the exposures to market risks
- Study new exotic structures
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Financial Mathematics, Quantitative Models or similar
- Outstanding academic performance that demonstrates good analytical background and quantitative skills
- Experience in market finance is ideal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office application (Excel, PowerPoint) and any programing codes
- A quick learner who has a keen interest in the investment banking business
- Strong working capacity, in particular when under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and a good team player
- Fluent English is mandatory
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 133,000 employees based in 61 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
You will be part of the Global Markets group (ONE MARK) which brings together the Equities, Fixed Income & Currencies capabilities with the objective of providing investors with one integrated multi-asset market solutions team.
The Trainee will join the fixed-income exotic derivatives trading team inside MARK. The activity is client driven with our main clients based in Hong Kong, Japan, Korea and Singapore. The team trades forex, interest rates and credit products.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Dec 2021, 3:00 pm