- Develop or enhance applications for Equity Prime Brokerage
- Support Equity derivatives users on their daily requests and ensure on-duty jobs whenever requested
- Communicate and report to IT peers and FO and MO teams
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Maths or similar
- Backend : Core Java development knowledge : (Java 8+, SpringBoot, SpringCloud, Kotlin)
- Cloud native app building, continuous delivery tools and concepts (Jenkins, Sonar)
- Understanding of Clean Code principles, Domain driven design and Test driven design
- Knowledge of Python and VBA is a plus
- Some knowledge of Equity derivatives products (Equity finance, Delta1 and Prime Brokerage preferred) is a plus
- Technical background in Linux is preferable
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubenetes and Azure is a plus
- Fluent English is mandatory
- Proactive, innovative and passionate about technology
- Strong team player.
- Enjoys delivering solutions to the business
- Open-minded and curious to help rationalize and maintain the existing systems
- Strong analytical mind to develop well-structured and simple solutions
- Good communication to interact with other peers in HK and abroad
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centered on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, Societe Generale's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA.
As part of the Front Office IT department the Equity derivatives developer team oversees development and support of tools used by Equity Prime Brokerage, Delta 1 and Security finance traders, sales, and operations.
The team is composed of 10 developers and application support analysts across Hong Kong and Paris.
All the developers are based in the dealing room and interact daily with the Front and Middle Offices.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2021, 3:00 pm