Global Service Business Unit’s (GBSU) mission is to ensure all trades and events on the Front office position are correctly reflected in the relevant IT system/ database in order mainly:
- For the Operations chain to be able to ensure a smooth settlement for all operations.
- For Front Office to have a clear and honest vision of their position and risk.
- For Development and Finance Department to be able to compute/produce economic and accounting PNL in due time.
As 1st link in the Operations chain, Trading Support Unit is also the 1st level of control of the business.
What You Will Do
- Ensure all the bookings are properly booked in Front Office database.
- Improve / control quality of database inputs.
- Ensure booking timeliness; provide justifications for any late bookings and amendments.
- Streamline booking workflow through automation and process review.
- Contribute to defining specifications and performing UAT for new information systems or booking scheme.
- Write down / update procedures linked to sensitive processes and controls.
- Assist Front Office on their specific requests.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smoothness of the operational flow.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in IT, Banking & Finance or Engineering or similar.
- Good equity and derivatives products knowledge.
- Responsible and Proactive.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good working knowledge in Computer literacy (VBA programming is a plus).
- Result orientated and demonstrates strong drive to achieve result while well estimate risk of own actions.
- Client focus who consistently searches for ways to improve our client service (Front-office/Trading teams).
- Excellent communication skills and strong team spirit.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Information Technology
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:26th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm