The SOLA Group is looking for a Project Development Intern, for a 4-month fixed term contract (With the possibility of extending/renewing based on performance), to work closely with the Utility Project Development team, gaining exposure to all aspects of the team’s work.
A primary aspect of the role will be to contribute to the preparation of bid responses for both government (REIPPPP) and private client offtake opportunities. The internship will provide the suitable candidate with practical experience in Project Development with a particular focus on research, tender submissions, and other administrative tasks related to Project Development.
Your KPI's will include:
- Number of Tenders/Proposals submitted (where assistance was provided).
- Number of research tasks completed.
- Number of project development and team support/coordination tasks completed in line with agreed scope and timelines.
What You Will Do
- Assisting the Project Development team with preparing tender submissions.
- Assistance in preparing and following up on permitting applications.
- Market research, client identification, and regulatory research.
- Assist with utility project development activities (e.g. interface with local authorities, obtaining data, etc.).
- Supporting and working alongside the Project Development team members, in a job shadowing approach.
- Assisting with coordinating team activities, meetings, and internal records.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Science or Business Management.
- Previous experience working within a team.
- Thorough understanding of renewable energy technologies and energy systems.
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Eagle eye for detail, especially when required to work with numerical data and collating information for permitting applications and tender submissions.
- Highly organized.
- Quick learner.
- IT literate, especially with MS Office Suite and Google App Suite.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Engineering, Management, Mathematics,...
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:9th May 2021, 6:00 pm