Credit Rating Analyst Graduate Program 2023 - Finance/Accounting
Credit Rating Analyst Graduate Program 2023 is a 2-year training and development program commencing in September.
As one of the few selected for the program, you will be placed into one of our key Ratings team:
- Corporate Ratings.
- Infrastructure Ratings.
The Team/the Business:
We are looking for a Bachelor’s or Master’s graduate who is passionate about analytics and is adaptable in the fast growing and ever-changing environment.
You are responsible for conducting credit and recovery analysis related to a range of services provided to corporate, institutional and/or governmental clients. You will be part of a team that evaluates the overall credit worthiness of organizations and their ability to meet their financial obligations for traditional credit-based products as well as a variety of structured banking transactions.
You will also support teams that evaluate collateral pools, credit risk, structural considerations, legal considerations, and the ability of securitization issuers to meet their obligations to pay timely interest and repay principal for a wide variety of structured finance asset types.
What’s in it for you?
You will take part in a comprehensive four-week training program focusing on a variety of areas, including Accounting, Ratings Methodology, Risk & Compliance and Capital Markets. Upon building a good foundation, you will continue with additional training throughout the remainder of the program.
You will work in a structured learning environment. Upon successful completion of the program, the final placement will be based on your performance and the needs of the business.
By the end of the program, you will be able to:
- Demonstrates an understanding of rating principles and methodology; has a working knowledge of S&P Rating’s criteria and aids in researching criteria development needs.
- Contributes to the analysis of credit using S&P rating methodology and standards, financial models, financial data, and financial statement analysis, ultimately producing ratings recommendations.
- Responsible for performing variance analysis and interpretation of results.
- Identifying market trends, client developments and client’s financial projections.
- Coordinates with global & regional offices to ensure data is treated consistently across international borders and available to S&P's global network.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A university student in your final year of study with strong academic standing within Finance & Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or a related business/quantitative discipline.
- Candidates who graduated recently and with 1 – 2 years of experience will also be considered for the role.
- You have outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have strong analytical skills and strong learning agility.
- You have the ability to work in a deal-driven, collaborative work environment.
- Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and English to interpret financial statements and to write reports.
As an S&Per, you will be eligible for a series of benefits:
- Unlimited recharge day (annual leave).
- Education and professional membership reimbursement.
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance coverage.
- Housing allowance for tax-reduction purposes.
- Wellbeing reimbursement for a series of activities or service that leads to a healthier lifestyle.
Notes to applicants:
You will be required to indicate your preference in terms of workstream when applying for the position on our job portal. Applications without clear indication of their preference will be given a lower priority when being assigned to different workstream.
Candidates are welcome to indicate their preference in their cover letter.
Applications will be closed on the week of March 1, 2023.
About S&P Global Ratings:
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities.
We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global, which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:1st Mar 2023, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.