We are looking for Research Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand. Our Tech Research team is looking for candidates who have applied experience in any of the fields of Natural Language Processing, User Behavioral Analysis, Machine Learning, Machine Intelligence, and more broadly, AI.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team focused on making every user interaction with Spotify amazing through personalization and discovery.
What You Will Do
- You will work in collaboration with other scientists, user researchers, analysts and engineers across Spotify to design creative solutions to challenging problems.
- You will work on projects that cut across Spotify’s organization, including areas such as product, marketing, and content.
- You will have product impact while working on and further developing a long-term research roadmap.
- You will work on a broad range of Spotify features such as personalized playlists (Discover Weekly and Daily Mix), the Homepage, Search and other ML systems powering recommendations to 180 million users with billions of interactions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program, especially in computer science or data science, but also in related STEM fields with a strong computational focus like statistics, physics, mathematics, or neuroscience.
- You have publications in top tier computer science venues such as WWW, SIGIR, WSDM, RecSys, CHI, KDD, AAAI, ACL, NIPS, ICML, or related, in the following topics: recommendations, user understanding, large scale experimentation or (more broadly) machine learning.
- You are intrigued by how interaction design, data collection strategies, and people’s perceptions affect Machine Learning outcomes.
- You have a demonstrated interest in speech/natural language, personalized recommendations, crowdsourcing, diversity in AI – and music.
- You are a creative problem-solver who is passionate about digging into complex problems and devising new approaches to reach results.
- You have experience with the complexities of real-world data, and understand the value of both in-depth, qualitative and web-scale, quantitative data working together to create a deep understanding of people’s interaction with technology.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics
Boston (United States)
- Closing Date:16th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm