A vacancy for a Marketing Intern has become available in our Johannesburg office. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacancy. The successful candidate will report to the Marketing Manager.
If you hold a degree/diploma majoring in Marketing and would like the opportunity to gain valuable experience in order to prepare you for employment, please apply.
The successful Marketing Intern will be based in the Business Development department in Johannesburg. The key objective of this position is to gain practical work experience in the areas of Business Development and Marketing within the Department.
What You Will Do
- The intern will gain exposure and practical work experience in the following areas:
- Administrative duties, e.g. updating of staff CV’s/resumes, project profiles & experience listings, Proman reports, business cards.
- Exposure to the preparation of supporting information for tenders, supplier databases, surveys, questionnaires.
- Facilitation of promotional campaigns including conferences, marketing events and promotional material in support of the
- Company and Strategic Business Units (SBU’s).
- Working with public relations consultants and technical writers to help facilitate the production of content for uploads to social media sites and SRK website.
- Collaborating with the broader marketing team, graphic designers and SBU’s regarding:
- Collecting information for news articles.
- Assisting with the creation and updating of marketing collateral.
- Specifications for printed and online press releases, articles and publications.
- Liaising with web analytics consultants regarding performance indicators and reporting.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Marketing diploma/degree is essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good communication, writing skills and a creative mind.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with marketing specific software will be beneficial.
- Interest and aptitude for social media marketing (experience with LinkedIn will be beneficial).
- Work under pressure and deadline driven.
- Honesty, integrity and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Organized and efficient
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Marketing and Sales
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm