As a leading global asset manager, we are dedicated to creating long-term value for our clients. We believe that our people are our greatest asset and require world-class expertise to transform new ideas into practices that deliver real value to investors.
The Equities team is looking for an intern (preferably fresh graduates) who is able to commit for a period of 3 months to start in April/May 2021.
There is a potential for conversion to a permanent graduate role at the end of the internship trial.
You will be mentored by high level asset management professionals and learn valuable international asset management industry practices. From day one, you will contribute to our ambitions whilst developing your skills and knowledge in the industry.
Over the 3 months placement you will be given work with tangible outputs, allowing you to gain exposure to real business situations, with real responsibility. You will also gain a depth of experience; getting the opportunity to work with seasoned professionals across our business.
What You Will Do
- Undertake quarterly results, financial analysis of companies
- Write stock notes
- Attend and write up company and analyst meetings
- Undertake ad-hoc mini projects at the request of fund managers
- Engage and collaborate with the equities team, attend/volunteer for meeting
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent academic background in an appropriate concentration, with strong interest in the financial/investment field is preferred
- Strong co-curricular activities/ leadership track record
Open to consider candidates with a liberal arts background, if there is sufficient evidence of interest in financial analysis and/or ESG
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Communication skills: Can clearly and effectively communicate both written and verbally
- Team player
- Independent thought, not afraid to question the status quo
- Inquisitive mindset, ability to bring new perspectives and apply them to the financial markets
- Self-motivated and passionate to pursue a career in investments
- Ability to converse fluently in an Asian language (i.e. Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Bahasa Indonesian, Bahasa Melayu) being a plus
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Investment Banking
- Closing Date:2nd Apr 2021, 6:00 pm