Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), we safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. We are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, Caspian Sea, Middle East and Asia.
Description of Role:
- Under supervision a Graduate Engineer assists more senior engineers to produce detailed engineering relevant to his/her area of specialism.
- The work scope may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects.
- The Engineer will normally participate in the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) involving off-the-job training, on-the-job development, mentoring and self-development.
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are also expected to contribute to creating a culture of ethics and integrity within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to our Code of Conduct.
What You Will Do
- Under direct supervision, assists with production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to the Drawing Office, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidates knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Limited awareness of clients' needs; addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Assists in the production of technical documentation.
- Makes effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a entry-level capacity.
- Recognizes the objectives for professional development.
- Adheres to the training requirements of the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme.
- Operate within the Code of Conduct.
- Operate according to Subsea 7's Management Principles.
- Support standards and procedures for the Engineering Function.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduate in a relevant engineering or science degree.
- May have some directly related work experience.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2021, 6:00 pm