At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world. We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
We are looking for graduates with strong interpersonal skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience - We invite you to apply to our [email protected] programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organization. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on-and-off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
We are looking for an intellectually curious, highly motivated and hardworking Graduate to join our Life & Health (L&H) EMEA Regional Pricing Team in Cape Town. You will play an important role in the pricing of life & health business in the UK and across Continental Europe.
You will support us in providing high quality actuarial input to cross-functional teams within Swiss Re. Through great teamwork and collaboration, you will gain a deep understanding of the L&H reinsurance market, you will learn about our various products and how we do pricing.
What You Will Do
- Perform day-to-day pricing work and provide actuarial support to cross functional teams and projects.
- Develop and maintain reinsurance pricing bases.
- Perform data analyses relating to emerging claims experience.
- Design insurance products consistent with pricing bases and risk management environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Successfully completed university degree in Actuarial Sciences or equivalent.
- Made exceptional progress in your exams. (5+ Actuarial Exemptions obtained).
- Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance.
- Fluent in English with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Aptitude to express yourself effectively in one-on-one conversations and small groups.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, is a fast learner.
- Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative.
- Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team spirit.
- Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle numerous priorities at a time and meet deadlines while delivering high quality results.
- Capacity to readily adapt to a changing and dynamic environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Due to Immigration regulations, we can only accept applications from South Africans.
- Preference will be given to designated applicants as per the employment equity act.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm