We are looking for an Intern in charge of supporting the Capacity Building Unit in the administration of Technical Assistance mandates and unit business affairs, with focus in backstopping activities (admin, reporting and accounting) and basic project management backstopping activities in order to ensure timely outputs.
What Makes Us Different?
- The chance to contribute to improving the lives of people in emerging and frontier countries, to work towards supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- A flexible work environment with colleagues from 34 countries.
- The opportunity to become part of a growing business that pushes you to be your best every day while having a positive impact on others.
What You Will Do
- Using mainly the project database of the Capacity Building Unit, provide backstopping support in designing, managing and monitoring the technical assistance projects, namely (but not limited to):
- Admin diligence support during tender processes.
- Support in contract drafting and follow up according to standardized formats.
- Data collection for project interim reports and completion reports.
- Support in preparation of the monthly cashflow database.
- Support in invoice/debit note and payment instructions preparation and invoice/debit note cash collections.
- Inputs for the reports of the Investment Committee and TA Facility Committee.
- Inputs for the reports of the donors and other stakeholders.
- Support in record keeping tasks (physical archiving & digital storage).
- Daily data inputs and support to maintain the project database incl TA Platform.
- Support in conducting the various surveys, including TA needs assessments performed by the CBU.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree such as BCom, Accounting or equivalent or similar focus on Business and Finance.
- Currently studying for Master's degree in Economics, Finance.
- Interest for impact investing.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills.
- Fluent in English. French or Spanish is a plus.
- Available for 3 months (with possibility of renewal for further 3 months based on performance).
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:20th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm