Mr D Food, a subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Graphic Designer to join our Mr D Food team in Cape Town. We are a new, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
What You Will Do
- Sourcing images for creative content.
- Resizing images for app, email and social media.
- Graphic production for web banners.
- Assist with content creation for all social media platforms.
- Convert designs into print-ready formats.
- Offer input to creative meetings and sharing ideas.
- Image retouching.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Tertiary qualification in the field of Graphic Design.
- Minimum 1 year post qualification experience.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite knowledge; (Competent and confident in using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Track record of creative talent with a good eye for aesthetics. (please include link to portfolio).
- Ability to be innovative, take initiative and show creativity.
- Great communication skills both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team (must be a good collaborator).
- Must be deadline driven and able to work under pressure.
- Reliable and willing to adhere to team processes and standards.
- Willingness to implement feedback.
- Excellent layout skills.
- Excellent visual design fundamentals including composition, colour theory, typography.
- Ability to follow briefs independently.
- Passionate about design and advertising.
- Enthusiastic about being a part of a fast moving startup environment.
- Is respectful but forthright.
- Is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute.
- Is analytical, able to use data to make decisions.
- Is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours.
- Is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster.
- Is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input.
- Is curious and challenge the status quo.
- Is innovative and enjoys iteration.
- Is collaborative.
- Will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com.
- Thinks like an owner of the business.
- Is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Design and User Experience
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm