Interprets technical requirements for control related surface equipment and systems working together with Project Engineer.
Applies wide-ranging skills to each project, including understanding requirements, standardization, software configuration (i.e., PLC, DCS, HMI, etc.), process control, instrumentation, knowledge of software programming, validation testing and documentation.
Supporting Technical role for a work package in a project, tender or FEED study. Ensures that project meets specifications, standards and performance requirements within established budget and schedule.
What You Will Do
- Analyzes projects work together with project lead engineer. Assist to develop, design/drafting manpower requirements for project demand and scheduling.
- Assists in conceptual customer design proposal, identification of application. Prepares designs and layouts that define equipment concepts, or the basic functional characteristics of systems, components, structures or equipment.
- Create TCE and Engineering documentation through the ECN process.
- Follow all TechnipFMC rules and procedures for Engineering, Quality, Environment, Health and Safety.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Controls & Automation and process instrumentation.
- Knowledge in DCS, PLC & SCADA systems and standard communication protocols such as Modbus (serial & ethernet), OPC, etc. for 3rd party system interfaces.
- Develop & debug Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) program and HMI Graphics for automatic machine control & processes.
- Experience in PLC and HMI/SCADA programming and configuration using Allen-Bradley, Siemens and ABB 800xA software will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with RS422, RS485, Modbus TCP, Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet/IP and other industrial communication interface protocol.
- Ability to utilize, debug, design and install engineering software.
- Knowledge of VB, VC, C#, C++, Python, SQL or similar programming language will be an added advantage.
- To collaborate and work together with the Design Team (comprising of both mechanical & electrical members) for the design concept arising from new project proposal and confirmed projects.
- Understanding of Engineering practices, design methods & calculations.
- Ability to read, interpret & prepare applicable technical information & suggest design or process changes to ensure functional and cost-effective results.
- Must have the drive and initiative to independently communicate and gather information.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Strong in both verbal and written technical communication.
- Good PC skills (word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Closing Date:4th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm