TechnoServe is implementing the USAID funded Alliance for Inclusive and Nutritious Food Processing (AINFP) regional program in collaboration with Partners in Food Solutions (PFS). The program leverages the power of the private sector to create better nutritional outcomes for base-of-the-pyramid consumers and more profitable market opportunities for local farmers.
This is achieved by supporting local food processing companies in Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia and Ethiopia through remote technical assistance and training from world leading food processing companies under PFS to increase the availability of safe, affordable and nutritious food.
AINFP program invites applications from qualified candidates for the internship program in one or more of the following knowledge centres:
- Food Safety and Quality Standards.
- Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Access to Finance for Food processors.
- Nutrition and Fortification.
- New Product Development.
- Supply Chain Operations.
- Food Manufacturing.
- Marketing and Branding.
- Financial Operations.
What You Will Do
The program seeks to recruit recent graduates, Masters and PhD students from in the fields of food science, marketing and finance to work with local food processing firms across Tanzania. The internship provides valuable professional development opportunities to receive on-the-job training in private sector setting, preparing them to become the next generation of African food technologists and business consultants.
- In addition to their on-the-job contributions to the client, interns will develop case studies, carry out research and support trainings with supervision by program staff.
- Overall the internship is aimed at expanding practical knowledge, refining career goals, and building professional networks.
- The location of the internships will be in multiple towns across Tanzania where the food processing companies are located.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A first degree from a recognized university in any of the following disciplines - Food processing, marketing or Finance.
- Must have graduated within the last 2 years, completed coursework awaiting graduation or currently pursuing a Masters or PhD degree.
- Provide recommendation/reference letter from the university attended.
- Should possess interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be goal oriented, dynamic, passionate and self-motivated.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems.
- A person of integrity.
- Must be computer proficient.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Food Technology, Marketing...
Dar es Salaam...
- Closing Date:13th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm