Temasek offers enriching career opportunities, for talents of diverse backgrounds and cultures - Join us – if you seek a fast-paced environment to develop your expertise.
We offer enriching internship programmes for students from various disciplines, backgrounds and cultures.
Your Learning Journey:
We seek to make a difference not just for our present generation, but for generations to come.
We think and act as owners in all that we do. We entrust you with the opportunity to own your project from start to finish. You will receive the coaching and resources you need, as you make the most of the internship for your own learning and growth.
Catch up with our team to learn more about why we do what we do. Join us at our various firm, recreational and community events – such as town hall meetings, Recreational Club/ Interest Group, and T-Touch activities.
You are never too young to make a difference!
Hiring Entity - Investment Group.
Department/Section - Portfolio Development.
Location - Singapore.
Position - Project Intern, Investment Group (Portfolio Development).
Period - Jan - Jun/Jul 2022.
Portfolio Development is constituted as a focused team within the Investment Group to partner select major portfolio companies on strategic repositioning and/or value creation initiatives. It works closely with the Boards and Management of these portfolio companies to:
- Perform strategic reviews of current business lines in light of changing industry conditions.
- Determine point-of-arrival and identify capability gaps.
- Evaluate and execute on strategic initiatives that would reposition the company and its stakeholders for sustainable and profitable long-term growth.
Examples of strategic initiatives that could be undertaken include - transformational M&A, corporate restructuring, JV/partnerships for new markets, etc.
What You Will Do
- Support scoping of value creation opportunities for portfolio companies such as - Industry landscaping, peer benchmarking, strategy refocusing, JV/Partnership analysis.
- Support cross-cutting initiatives - Focused on ESG and Digital initiatives - which aim to realize synergies among portfolio companies.
- Support development of valuation models based on DCF, DDM, trading multiples, and precedent transaction methods while incorporating multiple-case scenarios and robust sensitivity analysis.
- Contribute to discussions around portfolio synergies and potential organic and inorganic opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate student with exposure to finance, accounting, economics, engineering or mathematics.
- Preferably relevant internship experiences in professional services (e.g., consulting, investment banking, corporate finance, M&A and/or accounting firm).
- High level of interpersonal and writing skills.
- Able to work well within diverse teams and deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and to work independently.
- Familiar with use of appropriate electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, etc.).
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics, Engineering,...
- Closing Date:29th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm