Temasek offers enriching career opportunities, for talents of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
Join us – if you seek a fast-paced environment to develop your expertise.
We strive to make a difference not only today, but for tomorrow and future generations. Our MERITT values, of Meritocracy, Excellence, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Trust, anchor this commitment. At Temasek, your contributions matter, whether you are an intern, a graduate hire or an experienced hire.
We support a balanced and sustainable work-life environment, and our programmes develop both professional competencies and personal growth. We seek people embodying our values, while adding diversity which creates positive synergies for our team.
In house M&A specialist team, focused on structuring and executing large and complex transactions for Temasek. The team works alongside investment teams across sectors and regions
Key focus areas include:
- Financial analysis: Evaluating the financial impact of the structure and assisting with financial modelling, return evaluation and due diligence.
- Deal structuring: Evaluating and recommending transaction structures to achieve Temasek’s investment or divestment objectives. E.g., preferred instruments, earn-out mechanism, exit provisions and minority rights.
- Negotiation and documentation: Reviewing and negotiating investment term sheets and transaction documents, with a focus commercial and financial terms.
- Overall execution: Assisting in managing the overall transaction process, involving proactively assessing potential issues & risks, coordinating with various internal and external parties.
- The team currently comprises of 7 professionals (6 based in Singapore and 1 based in New York).
What You Will Do
- Conduct financial analysis and evaluate financial impact of the transaction.
- Conduct research on companies, markets, M&A transactions and regulations to evaluate and assess various transactions.
- Participate in end-to-end transaction execution processes.
- Work closely with the team to support the preparation of presentations and analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final/Penultimate Year Undergraduate with Bachelor’s degree, preferably with exposure to Finance, Accounting, and/or Economics.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work well with diverse teams and deal with multiple stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with a proven ability to manage time and multiple priorities well and to work independently.
- Familiar with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with use of appropriate electronic data sources (e.g., Bloomberg, CapitalIQ, etc.) will be a plus but not required.
- Prior internship experience in corporate finance will be a plus but not required.
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:4th May 2021, 6:00 pm