The Internship Programs Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team.
We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Your application for the vehicle integration & attributes internship will be considered across all opportunities for the teams listed below.
- New Programs Engineering.
- Vehicle Dynamics Engineering.
- Noise and Vibration Engineering.
- Integration, Dimensional Engineering, & Craftsmanship.
What You Will Do
Interns within Vehicle Integration & Attributes will support the design, development, production, and testing of current & future vehicle components and products.
Your scope of work will be a combination of mechanical, electrical, design, and software projects depending on team requirements, challenging you to come up with creative solutions to affect rigorous quality and cost-down targets.
Additionally, you will work collaboratively with cross-functional partners, external vendors, and suppliers.
- Work on sound for road noise, wind noise, & powertrain noise on vehicle, and thermal components of Powerwall and Megapack.
- Problem solve engineering challenges at all stages of product development, from simulation to quality control.
- Execute virtual and physical prototype builds.
- Design, and package vehicle components while collaborating to solve packaging and attribute problems.
- Take ownership of craftsmanship projects through stages, from identifying a target, to validation, creation, and development of that target.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant Engineering program.
- Relevant course work & interest in Acoustics, Noise Control, Vibration Engineering, Vibro-acoustic Testing, Psychoacoustics, Digital Signal Processing, Music Performance/Theory, or Audio Engineering.
- Hands-on experience with physical car projects preferred (Formula SAE, Solar Car, etc.).
- Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project experience is preferred.
- Experience with CAD, CATIA preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with an interest in analytical & numerical techniques is preferred.
- Job type:Internships
Fremont (United States...
- Closing Date:6th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm