The Foschini Retail Group (TFG) is looking to hire a Sustainability Trainee (12-month contract) to join the TFG Sustainability team to be involved in the implementation of the Group’s shared value strategy within a corporate environment.
If you have an excellent customer service orientation, are detail driven, are self-motivated and delivery driven, and enjoy a challenge, then this is the job for you!
What You Will Do
- Support the sustainability strategy by providing input and direction through benchmarking, research and assessments to understand risks, opportunities, and implications for the business.
- Implementation and support of initiatives and projects across operational sustainability including the following focus areas; localization and job creation, environment efficiency, people and communities and supply chain and product stewardship.
- Work with, and provide support to the broader business in their implementation of sustainability initiatives relevant to their area.
- In partnership with the Head of Sustainability, the Sustainability Trainee will drive the review and implementation of position statements and setting of policies.
- Ensure effective communication and awareness of key policies are communicated to the relevant stakeholders. Liaison with Group Marketing regarding the communication and marketing of sustainability related initiatives - For Group and for Brands.
- Assist with development of reports including Sustainability Overview Report, Carbon Footprint Report and Carbon Disclosure Project.
- Keep up-to-date with research and emerging sustainability practices to identify opportunities (e.g. competitor analysis, benchmarking etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
To be s strong contender for this position, You need:
- A Diploma or Degree in Environmental Science or Diploma in Sustainable Development.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- High level of numerical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- An eye for detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Computer Literacy (MS Word and MS Excel and MS Project).
- Sound accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- To confidently influence and persuade at all levels.
- Resilience and emotional maturity to work through a highly structured and pressurized development programme.
- To be self-motivated, and take responsibility for your own development.
- Enjoys a project driven, goal oriented environment.
- Currently reside in Cape Town.
- Must be a South African Citizen.
- Must be unemployed.
- Must be available from March 2021 for the duration of the 12 month internship.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:5th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm