The New York Times is seeking inventive and motivated interns to join the Licensing Group. The position will be based in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore or London.
In this role, you will support our sales team in Asia through a full sales cycle in pursuit of a specific industry. You will develop an understanding of real-world sales strategies and the stages of the sales process from prospecting to negotiation, including creating awareness of new offerings, generating leads, and retaining customers. You will also develop skills around writing reports, managing time and priorities, owning projects and deadlines, and conducting thorough research and analysis that lead to effective recommendations.
About our Team:
NYTLicensing is the content licensing division of The New York Times Company. We empower companies to connect with their audiences, using world-class journalism and content curation to elevate experiences and engage customers. We help organizations of all sizes streamline communications, supplement existing marketing campaigns and drive growth. We traditionally served other media organizations with our licensed content. It is now our goal to generate awareness of the NYTLicensing brand and drive revenue growth in new markets.
Benefits and Perks:
- Interning at The New York Times is a unique opportunity to work at an innovative and historic global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information.
- You will be helping to power, distribute and expand what is possible for our award-winning journalism.
- We run a week-long maker event during the summer, where Design, Product, Project, Marketing and Technology come together to work on creative, cross-functional projects.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- NYT interns benefit from competitive pay, great perks and influential networking.
What You Will Do
As a Licensing Sales intern, you will:
- Conduct market research and a competitor analysis on a specific initiative in the region, which may result in lists of potential customers.
- Create a best practice repository.
- Provide input on customer briefs, presentations, and sales literature.
- Help develop client relationships and retain existing accounts.
- Assist in evaluating new revenue opportunities.
- Learn and apply sales techniques.
- Maintain sales records.
- Gain experience with sales outreach and professional communications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fluent in Japanese and/or Korean.
- Interest in sales/business strategy.
- Any experience in Sales is a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Marketing and Sales
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm