Our Mission - Enabling Our Customers to Make the World Healthier, Cleaner and Safer
It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover an environment that encourages your continual professional development, and you’ll have the opportunity to do work that has an impact – because every day, you’ll be contributing to our Mission - to enable our customers make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher Scientific offers best-in-class Internships and Leadership Development Programs that provide students & new grads with hands-on learning, meaningful project work, and unparalleled growth and networking opportunities.
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
You will be involved in the execution of molecular biology and protein biochemistry related testing for development of scientific instruments and assays. These tasks will primarily be based in the laboratory and as such, will develop applied skills in a diverse set of core and groundbreaking biotechnological methods. Furthermore, you will benefit from mentorship and exposure to fields such as molecular diagnostics. In addition, you will assist in lab management, handle the lab material and instrument status.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate and assist scientists in their experimentation.
- Execute experiments following protocols independently and perform accurate record keeping.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures following research and development scientific standards.
- Assist with laboratory management duties, such as equipment maintenance, reagents inventory and purchasing, general housekeeping.
- Participate in the development of new testing procedures/assays to support the release of new products.
- Possess good knowledge of chemical preparation and waste disposal.
By end of internship, you will:
- Communicates clearly.
- Works well in teams.
- Shows initiative and independent learning.
- Understand laboratory operation and safety guidelines.
- Operation and maintenance of standard laboratory equipment.
- Develop critical thinking, report writing and analytical skills.
- Theoretical understanding of classical and real-time PCR.
- Understand PCR design strategies.
- Applied PCR techniques.
- Hands-on experience with Thermo Fisher instrumentation.
- Basic understanding of PCR analysis and associate data.
- Industry standard unidirectional workflow for molecular applications.
Required Skills and Abilities
University student in Lifesciences or other related disciplines (Biomedical Science, Biotechnology or Pharmaceutical Science, Biologics & Process Technology, Pharmaceutical Science or Biomedical Engineering).
Working knowledge of real-time PCR will be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Work independently in a quick paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Requires strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Must be self-motivated, results oriented, and work well in team setting with minimal supervision.
- Proficient to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
- Job type:Internships
Medical and Biomedical Science, Pharmacy and...
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2021, 6:00 pm