It's more than just something that fills our days. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our work has a purpose. Our work requires passion and creates meaningful outcomes. Our work matters. We're sharing our expertise and technological advancements with customers, helping them make the world a better place - whether they're discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our people share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. We work together to accelerate research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, drive innovation and increase laboratory productivity. Each one of us contributes to our mission every day.
What You Will Do
- Interface with a global team engineers & scientists for state-of-the-art product design.
- Derive product level requirements into system/sub-system level functional requirements.
- Design and implement embedded firmware for life science instruments.
- Perform design and code reviews to ensure firmware quality.
- Implement thermal control algorithms and perform tuning to meet performance specification.
- Participate in firmware test results review, root cause analysis and propose solutions.
- Practice Software Configuration Management according to the project-specific software development plan
- Maintain and comply with ISO 13485 procedures and SOPs in the course of application development.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in compliance with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, QSR21CFR, and OHSAS 18001 requirements
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree/Master in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- C/C++ programming
- Embedded system development tool chain
- Working knowledge on microprocessor/microcontroller architecture
- Familiarity with peripheral interfaces & common bus protocols (I2C, SPI, USB, CAN, UART, PWM, ADC, etc.).
- Temperature control algorithm using PID
- Source code version control (GITHub)
- Fresh graduate with the relevant experience are welcome to apply
- Knowledge of RTOS
- Knowledge of bootloader/application design concept
- Knowledge of scripting languages (bash, python)
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:14th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm