We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Purchasing Coordinator to be responsible for purchasing quality products for our business. Your responsibilities will include processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The lead Purchasing coordinator will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
What You Will Do
- Research, select and purchase quality products and materials.
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best pricing - Global suppliers.
- Process requisitions and update management on status of orders.
- Update inventory and ensure that stock levels are kept at appropriate levels.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate with inventory team, management, and stockroom as required.
- Assess quality of stock received and escalate any discrepancies to suppliers and management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma in Sourcing/Procurement.
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Critical thinking and negotiation skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Occasional domestic and/or international travel.
- Sound business acumen and agility in working within a matrix and cross-functional environment to proactively (and reactively) address supplier quality, service, delivery and other critical supply issues.
- Ability to understand and work with all organizational levels to seek opportunities for improvement and leverage the entire enterprise/resources for problem resolution when and where required.
- Ability to travel.
- Flexibility to support Global Team.
- The Buyer should be analytically minded.
- Possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous - Product Knowledge.
- Job type:Internships
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:7th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm