We empower creators - Everyone is a creator, whether they're using our app or developing their career here at TikTok.
We connect people - Our platform helps people around the world become a part of a global community.
We explore possibilities - We stay curious: we're always searching for inspiration in ourselves and the world around us.
We are now looking for talented individuals to join us for an internship in 2022 - people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with TikTok.
Successful candidates must be able to commit to one of the following internship cycles below:
Summer Internship - 09 May 2022 to 29 July 2022 (12 weeks).
Off-cycle Internship - 01 August 2022 to 16 December 2022 (20 weeks).
About the TikTok eCommerce team:
The e-Commerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated.
With millions of loyal users globally, we believe TikTok is an ideal platform to deliver a brand new and better e-Commerce experience to our users. Our product engineering team is responsible for building an e-Commerce ecosystem that is innovative, secure and intuitive for our users.
We are looking for passionate and talented people to join us as we drive the future of e-Commerce here at TikTok.
Our software engineers for product infrastructure role combines software and systems engineering disciplines to run high-performance, large-scale distributed infrastructure.
This means you will be deeply involved in the developmental lifecycle of critical software services, collaborating closely with product engineers to combine software code and systems knowledge to ensure that TikTok E-Commerce's services are reliable, fault-tolerant, efficiently scalable and cost-effective.
You will also be leveraging your software engineering expertise to develop software platforms and tools to optimize the operational and engineering efficiencies of complex systems at scale, with particular focus on improving the systems' observability, performance and maintainability.
What You Will Do
- Architect and develop efficient, highly scalable and secured services that power e-commerce products.
- Optimize backend systems and services for data security, modularity, computational efficiency and scalability.
- Design and develop data pipelines and analytics platforms for e-commerce applications.
- Develop best-in-class user privacy and data security engineering practices across all product engineering disciplines.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduate, or Postgraduate who is currently pursuing a degree/Master's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or a related technical discipline.
- Good programming experience using at least one of Java/Golang/Python/Scala/C++.
- Strong software programming capabilities, exhibits good code design and coding style.
- Deep understanding of data structure, algorithm design and analysis, networking, data security and highly scalable systems design.
- In depth knowledge of common databases and messaging frameworks like MySQL/Redis/Kafka etc.
- Agile, quick self-learner, highly self-motivated with strong sense of product ownership and creative problem solver.
- Deeply passionate about quality engineering and delivering great mobile and web applications.
- Good collaborator and team player, comfortable working in a fast moving, culturally diverse and globally distributed team environment.
- Strong product sense or understanding.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Closing Date:14th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm