Become one of the drivers of energy transition with Total Trading & Shipping.
Total is a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels, natural gas and low-carbon electricity. Our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, our ambition is to become the responsible energy major.
Total Trading & Shipping (T&S), an international trading company, puts its expertise to use in the global energy markets. With its biomass blending and trading activity, Total T&S is an active participant in the development of sustainable biofuels.
Our maritime transport expertise also helps to reduce the carbon footprint of sea transportation and we recently announced the time chartering of new vessels equipped with LNG propulsion. We work as a team in a fast paced and innovative environment.
What You Will Do
Under the responsibility of the Regional Credit Risk and Trade Finance Manager - The position sits within the credit team in charge of the counterpart portfolio risk for the Petrochemical sector.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the counter-party portfolio.
- Member of a team of professionals handling over 1,200 counterparties representing billions of US Dollars in credit lines.
The intern will assist the team members on their operational activities:
Update of the credit risk profile of existing counter-parties. Manage from A to Z the registration of new counter-parties.
- Action - Analyse KYC (Know Your Customer) of each counterparty, prepare a brief write-up.
- Tools - Familiar with operational procedures such as KYC.
Macro and Micro view of the Petrochemical sector in Asia.
- Action - Collect and analyze market intelligence data, follow-up of counterparties in the portfolio.
- Tools - Familiar with competitive strategy analysis techniques.
Establishment of credit limits on counter-parties in the petrochemical portfolio.
- Action - Credit risk analysis, and preparation of credit risk summary including recommendation on credit limits, terms, and risk mitigation.
- Tools - Familiar with financial and macro analysis techniques.
Context and Environment:
- Reactivity in a fast-paced trading environment while abiding by corporate procedures.
- Autonomy, high degree of international exposure.
- Preparation of KYC research and write-ups.
- Update the counter-party database.
- Assist in counter-party credit risk assessment including business risk profile, and financial risk profile analysis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- In the final/4th year of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, mathematical, scientific discipline or similar fields.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese combined with good financial and economic analysis and write-up abilities.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Mathematics, Science
- Closing Date:21st May 2021, 6:00 pm