At Total Trading & Shipping, innovation, digital and simplification are part of our daily life! Are you looking to grow your career in the vibrant world of energy trading? Do you have interest in energy markets and have good Python programming skills?
If yes, we would love to see your profile!
Context and Environment:
Total Trading Asia Pte Ltd (TTA) is a wholly owned affiliate of TOTSA Total Oil Trading S.A, supporting refining supply and production in addition to international trading and marketing with other Trading & Shipping entities and third parties in Crude Oil, Fuel Oil, Mid-Distillates, Gasoline, Naphtha and Shipping activities.
Our multi-tasking team of Middle Office Analysts is closely working with Front Office (traders) & Operations.
Joining this team offers the opportunity to get a global view on trading activities (physical & derivatives) allowing to develop competences on risk management.
Due to the increase in trading activity over recent years, this forward-looking team is always on the hunt for solutions to speed-up and standardize results by leveraging on digital tools (Python, Power BI etc..). We are now looking to hire a multifaceted individual eager to contribute to this team.
What You Will Do
The jobholder reports to the Middle Office Manager of Total Trading Asia Pte Ltd (under the local supervision of the Managing Director of Singapore office) and functionally to the General Manager, Market Risk Control in Geneva.
After a period of training, the intern will be fully in charge of the risk control of an assigned trading desk:
- Live monitoring of the price risk exposure, in support to traders.
- Control the daily trades and modifications to trades, particularly those that could change the price exposure.
- Control and report the daily pricing of physical and paper trades, before the hedge is done by traders.
- Report the performance of trader’s books in daily and monthly P/L reporting.
- Monitor and report physical and paper position and risk exposure versus the authorized limits.
- Analyze, reconcile and manage TTA’s hedge instruments: Futures, OTC Swaps and Forwards with TOTSA.
- Control Authorized Daily Trading Limits and prepare reports for approval by the Trading Desk Manager and Managing Director.
- Provide statistical results, trades analysis and support needed to Trading Desks and Management.
- Interface with Operations personnel to ensure that all risk- and profit-related data are up-to-date and correct.
- Reconcile monthly Risk Control and Accounting system financial results.
- Develop analytical programs and management tools; improving excel files, Python code and Power BI reports.
- Participate in new projects development and support, using Python.
Duration of Internship - 6 Months.
Required Skills and Abilities
- The job holder should be in their penultimate year of their Economics/Finance/Energy or similar Bachelor’s degree studies.
- Good mathematical background and analytical mindset.
- Knowledge of oil trading and marketing activities, a plus.
- Being able to work under pressure and being reactive, is key.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Adaptable, Keen to learn, Diplomatic, Team player.
- Foundation on Python (mainly using Pandas), SQL Knowledge appreciated.
- Strong command in English language.
- Fluency in French language is an advantage.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Economics
- Closing Date:7th May 2021, 6:00 pm