APAC Trading Desk sits within the Execution & Quantitative Services team, covering all buy-side clients trading into 14 APAC markets.
We offer Algos, PT and Cash Trading services for our members across the globe, utilizing our deep liquidity pool in Asia.
During your time with us you will mainly shadow our traders which will give you close exposure to the fast-moving equity markets.
You will also work with Sales, Execution Consulting, Quants and Operations team during your internship. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of trading (Both high touch and algos) and markets structure through your daily responsibilities.
What You Will Do
- Write a morning summary of the overnight market and stock specific news.
- Provide internal traders alerts and notifications generated from our internal Touchpoint Trading system which may provide valuable information to our clients (e.g., large increase in Short Interest on a stock)
- Provide real time market color on stocks and macro environment, generate execution idea.
- Assist traders to answer client queries on market structure, trading and settlement.
- Generate TCA (Trading Cost Analysis) for clients on a daily basis and identify any outliners for slippage.
- Work closely with Execution Consulting in analyzing trading performance, provide relevant trading advice and potentially work on data analysis that helps generate client content.
- Use of Salesforce Tools – maintaining and updating the database with client updates and opportunities and highlighting to the trading team on outstanding items.
- Prepare presentation and other materials for both internal and external communication.
- Refresh our marketing content.
- Enhance workflow efficiency and develop tools (mostly macros) to streamline process.
- Assist on ad hoc requests & project management.
Required Skills and Abilities
Experience / Competences:
- Keen interest in global financial markets and equity trading.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under fast-paced environment and pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint), knowledge of Programming (e.g., Python and SQL).
- Fluent in English.
- Good attitude towards learning and nimble with a changing environment. A strong desire to get involved in the day-to-day functions of various front-office roles.
- Team player and client focused.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Quick learner with flexibility and ability to multi-task.
- Basic knowledge of the Bloomberg Terminal.
- Fluent in Cantonese / Mandarin.
Work with us:
Joining TP ICAP puts you at the heart of markets that matter.
You’ll have the freedom to innovate and act on your initiative. We’ll train you and build your abilities in your specialist area, so that you can become an expert in your field.
And all within a connected network that’s there to set you up for success.
The TP ICAP Group is a world leading provider of market infrastructure.
Our purpose is to provide clients with access to global financial and commodities markets, improving price discovery, liquidity, and distribution of data, through responsible and innovative solutions.
Through our people and technology, we connect clients to superior liquidity and data solutions.
The Group is home to a stable of premium brands. Collectively, TP ICAP is the largest interdealer broker in the world by revenue, the number one Energy & Commodities broker in the world, the world’s leading provider of OTC data, and an award winning all-to-all trading platform.
The Group operates from more than 60 offices in 27 countries. We are 5,300 people strong. We work as one to achieve our vision of being the world’s most trusted, innovative, liquidity and data solutions specialist.
Liquidnet is a leading technology-driven, agency execution specialist that intelligently connects the world’s investors to the world’s investments.
Liquidnet’s equities and fixed income network aims to deliver seamless access to global investment opportunities and liquidity while minimizing large-scale market impact across six continents.
Our members are asset managers—including mutual, hedge, pension, and retirement funds—that meet certain criteria, including minimum assets, long-term investing style, and trading activity standards.
We’ve grown our global network through nearly two decades of innovation, leveraging technology to alleviate pain points and to create more efficient ways for investments to move around the world.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Banking and Finance
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:11th Feb 2023, 6:00 pm