Under direct supervision, assists Business Insurance Shared Services in innovation for Travelers BI technologies, processes, data, product and platform development, enhancement and maintenance.
Actively participates in the organizations key initiatives and special projects with team members, including but not limited to Platform, Platform Optimization, Analytics, Business Architecture, Project Management, Enterprise Product & Underwriting, BI Business Intelligence, BI BU’s, Operations, IT, Execution, Financial Planning, Actuarial and CASD to enhance the platform.
This job does not manage others This job works under Close Supervision: Work is reviewed at several steps along the way.
What You Will Do
- Participates as an active member in projects and ongoing activities, as assigned, for BI Shared.
- Ensures the timely and thorough completion of assignments, analysis/research and projects.
- Under direction, conducts analysis and summary reports on product coverage (existing, new), Lines of Business, platform analytics and Business Unit Key Performance Indicators, current state assessments, project management, financial planning, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing or completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required.
- Targeted educational background/coursework in Business Administration, Economics, Finance,
- Management, Marketing, Information/Business Technology, Mathematics/Statistics or Risk
- Management/Insurance preferred.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong desire for self-directed learning.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, critical thinking abilities, and analytical skills.
- Capable of managing work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Leadership qualities.
- Strong quantitative reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross functional, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to perform assignments using established procedures, and make decisions relating to the accomplishment of routine responsibilities.
- Ability to autonomously meet or exceed established deadlines.
- Job Type:Internships
Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Position Type:Full time
Hartford (United States)
- Closing Date:15th August 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.