The Merchant Operations Analyst role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on the success of Uber Eats in South Africa. You will support the South African business and Merchant team by developing a deep, quantitative understanding of local market dynamics, building and nurturing relationships with key local stakeholders and jumping on challenges as they emerge.
This role calls for a combination of communication and partner leadership skills, data and process-driven thinking, and the interpersonal ability to work with teams from across the business.
Further, as Uber Eats is a new business and remains a fast paced environment, we are looking for a highly adaptable individual who is able to switch between long-term critical initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
What You Will Do
- Improve or innovate new processes by identifying operational areas of improvement to keep the Merchant team as efficient as possible.
- Lead projects that use data and analytics to develop an in-depth understanding of Merchants (compelling 'stories' and synthesized insights) and acquisition/growth funnel performance.
- Find opportunity areas, influence cross-functional partners, and implement projects to deliver sustained and material growth.
- Provide insights to understand business context and market opportunity, surface gaps and opportunities, and develop business plans to build cross-functional alignment on actions to improve Merchant success and business growth.
- Own data analysis and visualization, and communicate the outcomes / insights to various partners to aid strategic decisions that lead to improved Merchant experience.
- Understand, track, and improve metrics such as Merchant reliability, quality, and profitability.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist decision-making for sales, account management, territory leads, and operations managers.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree (preferably in a quantitative field such as Maths, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Operational Research).
- At least 3 years of experience of operations management/management consulting/data analytics work in a large business, or of growing a startup.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking and modelling ability. Ability to present complex data in a simple-to-understand manner.
- Self-starter; empathetic and leans in and embraces rolling up your sleeves; collaborative, and process minded.
- High adaptability to change and ability to execute quickly. Able to shift quickly from long-term thinking to immediate action tactical response.
- Thoughtful in the prioritization of personal time. Able to deliver projects despite multiple priorities.
- Able to cope with ambiguity and an environment where not everything works yet. Leads with ownership of problem-solving.
- Curious and eager to learn about all aspects of the business.
- Excited about Uber's prospects for the future and a believer in the value that Uber brings to its cities.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Computer Science, Data Science and...
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th Jun 2022, 6:00 pm