On this 6-month industrial placement, you’ll get to join one of our teams in Global Banking. You’ll still be working toward your university degree course while getting the opportunity to be a real part of the team, working with our experts and learning about the industry, our clients, our firm and a specific area of it. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and make contacts. And if you impress us, your placement may result into a career-track graduate position.
What you will do
Do you want to know more about the participants and dynamics of the capital markets? You’ll:
- Get to know the markets from the capital raising stage to disposal
- Be involved in and contribute to providing M&A advice and execution, including spinoffs, takeovers, exchange offers, takeover defense and formation of joint ventures
- Interact with the equities platform to get an insight into the investor community views and trend
- Learn all about debt capital markets including corporate and emerging market bonds
- Gain familiarity with structured products tailored to our clients’ funding and stake management needs
- Be able to analyze complex situations and develop the best strategy to maximize our clients’ diverse objectives
You’ll be working in our Investment Bank’s Global Banking business, You’ll work closely with the Global Banking country and sector coverage teams, as well as the other product teams, providing coverage, advisory, capital markets and financing solutions for corporate, financial institutions and sponsor clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
You need to be graduating from a university in 2021, and with less than two years of work experience. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- Analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- Plan, organize and communicate well
- Make things happen
- Stick with a task
- Work in a team
- Come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:30th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm