Are you someone who is interested in assessment of investment risks in a fast-paced environment?
Do financial markets excite you? Will you enjoy in participating in risk discussions with Portfolio Managers and interfacing with decision makers across the firm? We’re looking for a Graduate Trainee to:
[As a part of credit risk control]
- analyze time sensitive credit requests across banking and trading products
- examine complex transactions, including the establishment of internal risk ratings and exposure tolerances
- run counterparty rating assessments and financial analyses for institutional clients
- conduct research to improve lending value levels for certain products
- perform ad hoc stress testing in collaboration with other key partners across credit risk control, market risk and other logistics functions
- interact with lending product specialists and other colleagues, and explain the risk methodology to various internal partners
[As a part of market risk control]
- interact with the trading desks to review daily trading and market activities, as well as result risk profile and revenues.
- ensure that risks taken are quantified, transparent and within the firm's risk appetite.
- work as the 2nd line of defense alongside the business to independently identify and escalate issues and concerns.
- assess new business initiatives and continuously enhance and develop our market risk control and limit framework.
- participate in regulatory-driven project as subject matter expert
[As a part of AM risk control]
- perform value-add analysis on Funds managed in APAC to support Investment Risk Officers;
- identify, summarize and provide input on key risks of funds, escalating where appropriate
- participate in regular discussions with portfolio managers to understand the funds strategy in conjunction with its risk profile
- understand credit worthiness and control of counterparty risks of Funds/Mandates arising from derivative and securities financing transactions entered into by the Funds on behalf of its clients, e.g. Banks , Brokers and Securities Companies
- liaise with various control and support functions to ensure an efficient and robust implementation of Risk Control procedures and policies
- prepare synthesized market commentaries and analysis relevant to our Funds
- support risk managers with strategic risk initiatives, contribute to completion of risk reviews
- support Risk Officers in the review of new product launches and assessment/approval of new funds and financial instruments
- support the review all new business initiatives and complex transaction requests, providing well thought of recommendations to senior management for approval
- ensure regulatory requests are dealt with in a disciplined, comprehensive, and timely manner
- monitor Funds' risk levels; produce risk reports and analysis that is communicated to portfolio managers, business heads and internal risk committees as required periodically
- participate and contribute to various risk control initiatives and projects, e.g. launch of new market risk infrastructure system
[As a part of credit and market risk control]
You’ll work in risk management and control, helping us achieve the appropriate balance between risk and return, while minimizing potential risk concentrations. As a part of the risk function, you will help us identify, assess, advise, decide, monitor and report on credit, market and operational risks, recommending appropriate mitigating actions.
[As a part of AM risk control]
You will be joining the UBS AM APAC Risk Control Team based in Hong Kong. The team is a control function that implements the firm’s strategy by providing independent oversight and challenge of all financial risks arising from the firm's AM business activities. It manages and improves risk management organization systems and supervises the implementation of internal risk control.
Diversity helps us grow, together. That’s why we are committed to fostering and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion. It strengthens our business and brings value to our clients.
You need to be graduating by July 2023, or with less than two years of work experience. We’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
- attention to detail
[As a part of AM risk control]
- a degree level education in a numerical subject, ie. mathematics, economics or finance
- keen interest in financial markets, i.e. credit, liquidity, operational, governance, information security, enterprise risks
- excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English
- understanding of risk management techniques including concepts such as Value-at-Risk, Liquidity risks, Stress testing and Portfolio Theory
- pro-active and can multi-task under pressure
- team-orientated, while able to complete tasks independently after training from team members
- able to respond quickly in a fast moving environment.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
To start with you’ll take part in UBS Discovery, a training program to bring you up to speed with our industry, what we do and how we do it.
All our programs break down complex information into manageable elements. And, as well as on- and off-the-job technical training, you’ll have a personal development opportunities for improving general job skills and broadening your network of contacts. You may be rotated through a number of desks and business areas to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts.
You may only apply for one program in one country within Asia Pacific during the same academic year.
UBS is the world’s largest and only truly global wealth manager. We operate through four business divisions: Global Wealth Management, Personal & Corporate Banking, Asset Management and the Investment Bank. Our global reach and the breadth of our expertise set us apart from our competitors.
With more than 73,000 employees, we have a presence in all major financial centers in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
At UBS, we embrace flexible ways of working when the role permits. We offer different working arrangements like part-time, job-sharing and hybrid (office and home) working. Our purpose-led culture and global infrastructure help us connect, collaborate, and work together in agile ways to meet all our business needs.
From gaining new experiences in different roles to acquiring fresh knowledge and skills, we know that great work is never done alone. We know that it's our people, with their unique backgrounds, skills, experience levels and interests, who drive our ongoing success. Together we’re more than ourselves. Ready to be part of #teamUBS and make an impact?
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Employees working from UBS Hong Kong offices must present proof of vaccination for at least the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine or a medical exemption certificate before entering the workplace, and other applicable anti-epidemic measures as may be amended from time to time.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:All Disciplines
- Work rights:Hong Kong Permanent Resident, Hong...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Hong Kong (Hong...
- Program Duration
6 - 12 months
- POSITION START DATE
May 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2022, 3:59 pm