To start with you’ll take part in UBS Discovery, a training program to bring you up to speed with our industry, what we do and how we do it.
All our programs break down complex information into manageable elements. And, as well as on- and off-the-job technical training, you’ll have a personal development opportunity for improving general job skills and broadening your network of contacts. You may be rotated through a number of desks and business areas to broaden your product knowledge and extend your network of contacts.
Are you a contingency planner? Help us protect our reputation, financial health and long-term interests by helping us identify, measure and control risks. You’ll help us:
As a Part of Credit Risk Control:
- Analyze time sensitive credit requests across banking and trading products.
- Examine complex transactions, including the establishment of internal risk ratings and exposure tolerances.
- Run counterparty rating assessments and financial analyses for institutional clients.
- Conduct research to improve lending value levels for certain products.
- Perform ad hoc stress testing in collaboration with other key partners across credit risk control, market risk and other logistics functions.
- Interact with lending product specialists and other colleagues, and explain the risk methodology to various internal partners.
As a Part of Market Risk Control:
- Develop market risk reporting of key risk sensitivities for trading and banking books throughout the business.
- Produce risk modeling.
- Interact with teams throughout the business units and assess data related to our positions with market risk.
- Review new products and conduct stress analyses.
- Develop and utilize awareness of market events to highlight impacts to our business units.
As a Part of Credit Risk Control, Primary Risk:
- Advise colleagues on how they can best manage the risks involved in conducting their day-to-day business.
- Liaise with financial regulators.
You’ll work in risk management and control, helping us achieve the appropriate balance between risk and return. As a part of the risk function, you will help us identify, assess, advise, decide, monitor and report on credit, market and operational risks, recommending appropriate mitigating actions.
Together - That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment and reward your performance.
Required Skills and Abilities
You need to be graduating in 2021, or with less than two years of work experience. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- Analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision.
- Plan, organize and communicate well.
- Make things happen.
- Stick with a task.
- Work in a team.
- Come up with ideas.
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
- Job type:Internships
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:31st Oct 2020, 6:00 pm