Do you want to know more about the participants and dynamics of the capital markets? You’ll:
- Get to know the markets from the capital raising stage to disposal.
- Be involved in and contribute to providing M&A advice and execution, including spin offs, takeovers, exchange offers, takeover defence and formation of joint ventures.
- Interact with the equities platform to get an insight into the investor community views and trends.
- Learn all about debt capital markets including corporate and emerging market bonds.
- Gain familiarity with structured products tailored to our clients’ funding and stake management needs.
- Be able to analyse complex situations and develop the best strategy to maximize our clients’ diverse objectives.
We know that development opportunities are important to you and we want to make sure you you'll be successful. That's why our graduate training program is designed to ensure that you'll have an in-depth introduction to our firm and the business you will be part of. You'll start your UBS experience by participating in UBS Discovery, a training program that will bring you up to speed on our industry, strategy, capabilities and culture.
What You Will Do
- You’ll be working in our Investment Bank’s Corporate Client Solutions (CCS) business.
- You’ll work closely with the CCS country and sector coverage teams, as well as the other product teams, providing coverage, advisory, capital markets and financing solutions for corporate, financial institutions and sponsor clients.
Required Skills and Abilities
You need to be in the last year of your degree and have, or be on track for a 2:1 or the equivalent in your first undergraduate degree.
It doesn’t matter what you’re studying - Really, it doesn’t. - But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- Analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision.
- Plan, organize and communicate well.
- Make things happen - stick with a task.
- Work in a team - come up with ideas.
- Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you find challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:4th Nov 2019, 6:00 pm