What You Will Do
- Assist with student registrations.
- Handle student enquiries daily.
- Provide academic advice to students approved by Faculty Manager or Lead Faculty Officer.
- Assist students with class timetable as well as directions to class venues.
- Assist with the module recognition process; assist in completing the form, obtain signatures, make copies and submit to Student Academic Services.
- Assist with the book lists for the faculty.
- Refer students to the Faculty Manager if necessary and prepare enquiry documents for Faculty Manager.
- Forward student-related letters and documents to Student Academic Services.
- File students’ records daily.
- Deliver documents or mail to law departments and to other services departments.
- Work at reception desk and assist with telephone queries when needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- LLB degree.
- Enrolled for an LLM degree or other postgraduate qualification in a related discipline (contact sessions should be after working hours).
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of one (1) year.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to maintain composure and self-control.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organized manner.
- The ability to plan work and to follow plans.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- The ability to lead, take charge of situations, and offer opinions and directions to others.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to interact with others and establish personal connections with people.
Closed 4 months ago
- Job type:Internships
Bloemfontein (South Africa)
- Closing Date:18th May 2021, 6:00 pm