Assist HR Business Partners, HR Process Administrators, HR Quality Assurance Officers and other HR staff members as maybe requested. Responsible for the reception area at the HR Department. Provide a professional, knowledgeable and friendly service to clients, ensuring a prompt response to queries and requests.
What You Will Do
Gain Exposure and Perform the Following Tasks:
- Capture information of staff on HR PeopleSoft System.
- Type letters to staff members.
- Handle administration with regard to medical aid schemes (applications, additions, terminations).
- Handle administration with regard to study benefits.
- Capture leave on the system and handle leave enquiries.
- Implement Human Resources policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to service level agreement with other sections of HR and with clients.
- Ensure data integrity and quality assurance of work done.
- Make travel arrangements for the shortlisted candidates and make arrangements for payment/reimbursement.
- Handle relocation administration for newly appointed staff members.
- Handle UIF documents requests and administration.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Effective communication with clients, both internal and external, on ad-hoc queries.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Industrial Psychology or related field on NQF level 7.
- Recommended - Honours degree in Human Resources/Industrial Psychology or related field on NQF level 8.
The Following Criteria Apply To The Selection Of Candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
- The ability to deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- The ability to be reliable, responsible, dependable and to fulfil obligations.
- The ability to deal with several activities at a time.
- The ability to focus on details, work towards perfection, and approach work in a neat and organized manner.
- The ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Proficient in using MS Office including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn various university systems, including PeopleSoft.
- The ability to maintain high levels of personal motivation, energy and enthusiasm.
- The ability to be cooperative with others, display a good-natured attitude, and encourage people to work together.
- The ability to be self-assured and at ease with people in all types of social situations.
- The ability to be sensitive and understanding to the needs and feelings of others.
- Job type:Internships
Human Resources, Management, Psychology and Counselling
Bloemfontein (South Africa)
- Closing Date:4th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm