Customer Development, or CD, is what we call our Sales organization at Unilever. Customer Development works closely with our customers to pioneer new products, build categories and deploy best-in-class retail and shopper capabilities.
The Summer Internship role is the primary pathway to beginning a career in Customer Development at Unilever.
The program introduces you to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers you the opportunity to contribute to business goals. As an intern, you are assigned a key business project to own within the Customer Development (Sales) function. At the conclusion of the summer, interns may be asked to present their findings to the CD leadership team. Successful interns could be offered an opportunity to join Unilever as a full time employee after graduation.
In Customer Development, teams are dedicated to one or more key customers (i.e. WalMart, Target, CVS), brands, or product categories. These positions involve a high level of customer service and follow up in order to effectively meet the needs of both the internal and external customer base – Interaction with multiple touch points internally and externally.
You will have an opportunity to develop proficiency in managing data using both Unilever systems as well as external Customer systems (i.e. Nielsen, AMPS planning tool, Hyperion/Merlin sales reporting systems, etc.).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Current college third year student pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or other.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- The ideal candidate will need to possess strong leadership competencies, and strong team and analytical skills; strategic thinking skills; initiative and enthusiasm for work in a fast moving, dynamic environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, especially as part of a team; ability to be creative; and the ability to understand complex business issues and demonstrate consumer empathy. Ability to relocate and willingness to work at CD office locations across the US.
- You’re a born leader - You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for “good enough.” You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
- You’re a change-maker - You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You’re a strategy guru - You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
- You’re a story teller - You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it - You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Marketing and Sales
New Jersey (United...
- Closing Date:1st Jan 2021, 6:00 pm