Under supervision of a Quality Coordinator, you will be primarily involved in lab management of the Quality lab with project specific work at times. Integrity and accountability are essential for this role ensuring that tests and methods are performed as per Unilever Methods of Analysis.
What You Will Do
- Physical and chemical property analysis of finished products and raw materials.
- Preparation of lab batches of finished goods for organoleptic testing or consumer tests.
- Maintaining inventory management system. i.e. Control of stock within the laboratory including ordering, testing and obtaining analysis certificates as required.
- Operation of lab equipment in accordance with best practice operations.
- Ensure calibration of all laboratory equipment are timeously done.
- Participation in internal and external quality audits with completion of actions thereafter.
- Ensure proper waste management and good housekeeping is maintained.
- Adherence to safety standards, food safety standards and Good Manufacturing practices (GMP).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed 2nd year Analytical Chemistry, Food Technology and Biotechnology, requiring 1 year in-service experience.
- Matric (Mathematics & Physical Science).
- Familiar with laboratory environment, procedures and practices.
- Use of computer software programs - Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word is essential.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal - Proficient in English.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:22nd Jun 2021, 6:00 pm