The primary responsibility of the Internal Auditor is the co-ordination and execution of specific processes to support the implementation of the audit plan, monitoring compliance, preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations to management and providing reasonable assurance of compliance to statutory requirements, policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that audit issues are well defined and root causes are identified.
What You Will Do
- Obtain an understanding of the market and processes under review to establish the scope of the audit. This includes qualitative and quantitative risk assessments and trend analysis where applicable.
- Analyse and evaluate the internal controls in line with the applicable standard operating procedures, policies, legislation and/or frameworks through performing the audit fieldwork and preparing high quality working papers.
- Draft audit reports highlighting the relevant control weaknesses, risks, and recommendations, including management’s comments on the findings.
- Conduct presentations/debriefs with relevant stakeholders to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews, ensuring that the scale and scope of the deliverables resulting from audit recommendations are adequately understood.
- Evaluate and monitor corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
- Facilitate internal control training when required.
- Other ad-hoc audit requests from Management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- CA(SA), AGA(SA), Completed SAICA articles.
- 0 – 3 years post-qualification experience in FMCG, Manufacturing or “Big 4” firm.
- Experience in internal or external audit.
- Robust analytical and reasoning skills.
- High performance individual – Self-starter, goal driven and proactive.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Demonstrable experience working with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Durban (South Africa)
- Closing Date:8th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm