In the Safety, Health & Environmental Management team based in Khanyisa, the Intern performs several tasks such as – Audits/Inspections, Training, Reviewing & Writing up Procedures/SOPs, Contractor Management, Incident Reporting, Investigations and Accident Prevention, Analysis of SHE data, Presentations.
What You Will Do
- Kindly find below requirements for SHE interns.
- Working knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO 45001.
- Knowledge of OHSAct and relevant regulations.
- Good comprehension of risk assessment methodology and risk mitigating controls.
- Writing of Safe operating procedures and SHE system procedures.
- Conducting safety talks and awareness programmes.
- Driving Safe behavioral observations programme.
- Conduct SHE internal audits and inspections.
- Conduct incident investigation. To have good problem-solving skills.
- Ensure monthly communication boards are updated and drive weekly SHE toolbox talks.
- Basic computer literacy, i.e.: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Collecting and Analysis of SHE data.
- Participate in Emergency Drills.
- Contractor Safety Management.
- Involvement in SHE Audits & Inspections.
- Enzyme Safety.
- SHE Trainings and Awareness Campaigns.
- Involvement in problem solving using the WCM tools.
- Involvement in Incident Investigations.
- Review SHE Procedures.
- Review Standard Operating Procedure.
- Conduct Planned Job Observations (PJOs).
- Chemical Safety.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working towards Relevant Diploma in Safety Management - Completed/completing or in final year.
- Requiring 12-months-service contract.
- Candidates need to provide their Matric Certificate and Academic Transcript with their CV’s.
- Job type:Internships
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:14th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm