Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - Making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. The business development team drives the country strategy and its objectives by identifying, leading and executing, through analytics, data and market intelligence, on opportunities to drive business growth for Visa and its clients. The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Kenya Business Development team by developing and maintaining the relationship between VISA and its clients.
This learning objectives of this internship is to:
- Develop a sales management mindset.
- Be able to analyze data, trends and make meaningful recommendations.
- Be a good project manager.
- Most importantly become a payments expert.
What You Will Do
- Provide admin and Operations support to the local team.
- Contribute to development, production and implementation of initiatives outlined in Country plans.
- Competition analysis and monitoring.
- Assist the local team with client queries and issues.
- Support BPO with periodical reports (Weekly/Monthly or quarterly).
- Assist BDs with Playbook and country plans update.
- Co-ordinate with other Visa departments in order to successfully track the country plans.
- Complete ad hoc project/research and presentation work and other relevant initiatives as requested by the management.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master's Degree with a graduation date in summer 2022 or 2023.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent.
- Be available to pursue a Summer internship (July to August - 8 weeks total).
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- Analytical, with experience using Business Intelligence tools.
- Strong PowerPoint and excel skills are desired.
- Superior analytical and financial analysis skills.
- Strong collaboration skills with a diverse peer group required.
- Able to articulate viewpoint effectively to key stakeholders in order to get buy in and agreement.
- Self-confident and hands-on, with the ability to operate in a fast paced and constantly changing work environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce
- Closing Date:9th May 2021, 6:00 pm