The Virtual Marketing Coordinator (VMC) supports project management, executive administrative assistance, and project execution to ensure the firm’s effectiveness and efficiency in serving its clients. This role will primarily support one Virtual Marketing Producer’s (VMP) goals and key initiatives, with ad-hoc and/or team-based support of the second VMP and principals as required.
This VMC role supports three key areas of the business. First, this role supports project management of VMO and client projects from initiation through close-out, including utilization of key project management processes and tools. Second, this role provides executive assistance to firm principals and VMPs, including meetings, events, and travel coordination. Third, this role supports providing research, idea and content contributions, data and measurement inputs into VMO and client work product, including strategies, plans, baselines and performance reports, and creative deliverables.
The VMC should be 50% billable, on average, as measured each month and averaged by quarter. This role will occasionally need to work outside standard business days and hours to achieve VMO and client goals. This role must be highly responsive to VMP, principal, vendor, and client needs, committing to VMO SLAs to ensure firm and client project success. As a key member of a small firm in startup / growth mode, the VMC is expected to demonstrate exceptional commitment to the firm’s success.
What You Will Do
- VMO CRM support – ensuring prospect, client, and vendor contact records are accurate, up-to-date, and provides necessary functionality to support business development and client and vendor relations efforts.
- VMP support on VMO and client projects – including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling, and close-out of projects.
- VMO project management process support – ensuring company project management practices are documented and upheld in managing meetings, documents, and communications.
- VMO project management tool support – ensuring tools are optimized and used in ways that create desired accuracy, effectiveness, and efficiency for VMO and its clients.
- Meeting support – taking and distributing meeting minutes for VMP(s) and principal(s) as required.
- Scheduling support – scheduling meetings and booking resources to support VMP(s) and principal(s) as required.
- Travel support – booking flights and hotels, planning itineraries, and allowing for travel time required to ensure successful VMP and principal trips as required.
- Prospect, Vendor, and Account Management event and initiative support – coordinating event planning, set-up, refreshments, gifts, entertainment, and follow-up for Principals as required.
- Office support – ensuring office needs are met daily (garbage, recycling, supplies, mail, phone).
- Capturing data and metrics – from VMO and client websites, social channels, CRMs, project management tools, and other platforms as required to inform discovery and strategy led by Principals.
- Research – delving into primary and secondary sources, including market and comp tours, and online content available, to inform discovery and strategy led by principals.
- Ideation – brainstorming participation, in group and individual formats, to generate positioning, naming, and other brand and creative ideas to support strategy and content led by principals.
- Content – developing content, from copywriting to presentation design, photography to video, to support principal content development, VMO channels, and presentations to clients Digital / Social – supporting VMOs social strategy via plan implementation, posting, content development, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in progress (Arts focus, including Marketing or Communications, preferred).
- Positive, smart, thoughtful and focused approach to challenging goals and fast-paced projects.
- Strong goal orientation, work ethic, and unwavering commitment to VMO, client, and project success.
- Strong administrative, prioritization, and organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor tone and content appropriately by channel, intended author and audience type.
- Impressive creative thinking and independent problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, nimble, and adaptable work style – including interest in consistently learning new and improved skills, especially highly dynamic areas relating to marketing data, technology, and measurement.
- Awareness, knowledge of and interest in current marketing trends, including design, content, processes and tools – with focused attention on real estate, financial services and nonprofit branding and marketing best practices.
- Marketing and/or Communications industry experience desired (not required).
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Marketing and Sales
Seattle (United States)
- Closing Date:15th Aug 2018, 6:00 pm