Start Date - May 2022.
Why you will enjoy this new opportunity:
Members of the VMware Global Government Relations and Public Policy work with a small, high-caliber team to connect all levels of government to VMware’s business goals. The work of this team contributes to the success of VMware and the positive profile of its Executive Staff.
Our team practices a collaborative, creative, results-oriented approach. We are a small team that likes to “punch above its weight.” Under the direction of the global General Counsel, team members also have the opportunity to work with and advise VMware executives, elected officials, and policy makers. We handle, prioritize, and follow through on numerous projects simultaneously. This provides an excellent context to learn the many aspects of VMware’s complex business as well as a great opportunity to interact with interesting colleagues and important government officials.
We are seeking a highly motivated, and talented intern for summer.
You'll have an opportunity to research and work on the many issues facing technology companies as they relate to policy across ASEAN, India, and ANZ.
During your internship, you will attend industry meetings, provide research, briefing notes, and support day-to-day initiatives and long-term strategies and public policy projects of VMware.
Leadership for this Role:
The Government Relations & Public Policy team is led by Kristen Foster, Senior Director & Head Asia Pacific & Japan Public Policy & Government Relations. She is a passionate leader and managed a lean team that drives result together as a team.
What You Will Do
- Create newsletters, infographics, and other materials for internal and external audiences.
- Research and provide analysis on policy issues surrounding technology, privacy, cloud infrastructure, and other issues.
- Monitor and track industry news and related legislative developments using a myriad information source.
- Assist with additional projects as assigned including support tasks.
- The timeframe for this internship will take place during the fall semester.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in political science, public policy or similar field.
- Significant public policy, government, political science, or international affairs coursework is necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership skills.
- Strong and demonstrated research skills.
- Of the highest degree of personal and professional integrity and ethic.
Preferred Skills (Good to Have):
- A practical and active problem-solver who possesses strong business sense and is confident, mature and calm under fire.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a rapidly changing environment, but be focused when needed on the matter at hand.
- Experience with graphic design and/or HTML.
- Prior experience with an elected official or state/local government.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2021, 6:00 pm