The IT DC Ops Engineer works closely with IT DC Ops lead and team members within APJ Region. The prime responsibility is to support and manage Day to Day Activities of Singapore DC/LAB and support projects within the APJ region. In addition, this role proactively learns and understands Data Center and IT infrastructure technologies with VMware platform adoption and standardization. The Key is Driving relationships at every level with internal customers.
What You Will Do
- Work with Sr. IT DC operation Lead to understand day-to-day operation of Singapore DC/LAB and MDF/IDF rooms and technical support.
- Work within Singapore DC/IT LABS for
- Equipment installation, managing shipping and receiving.
- Installs/moves/add changes (IMACS), equipment removal.
- Asset management of the IT equipment within Singapore Datacenter and APJ region VMware MDF/IDF rooms.
- Manage Equipment rooms (IT LABS) and control the access to the VMWARE LAB.
- Schedule installations and work with various vendors for mission-critical equipment
- Installation of various VMware products including vSphere, NSX, vSAN in DC/LAB as per request from users.
- Conduct regular pre-checks on all IT equipment within IT LAB.
- Break-fix/Incident Management, Technical support for Network, Servers, Storage, networks within Data Center, LAB.
- Liaise with Vendors for Installations, Upgrades of Storage, server, network equipment as per customer requirement.
- Monitor HelpNow queue for support of technical incident for local and Global Sites.
- Consistently take the appropriate actions to resolve problems.
- Provide accurate entries or updates to the LAB Management tools like the NLYTE DCIM web tool.
- Take ownership of all customer issues and be timely in follow-up on all details of any outstanding items
Required Skills and Abilities
- Fresh Graduate or Engineer with 2-3 Years of Experience
- Good written and verbal Communication Skills in English.
- Adaptable and progressive learner.
- Highly competent and knowledgeable in the area of IT LAB and Data Center Infrastructure, system administration and support of Server/network/storage.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and
- Bachelor’s degree as a minimum or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Information Technology, Operations
- Closing Date:19th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm