Waters, the world's leading specialty measurement company that cares about inclusion and diversity is seeking for a Field Service Engineer to support the very successful growth of our businesses across Singapore and South East Asia.
Waters deliver benefits through innovation and people that enable customer success in the life, materials and food sciences. People create the Waters difference. By engaging with our talented and diverse workforce we continuously evolve, develop and enhance our products. We believe in delivering innovative technology and system solutions to our valued customers to enable their success.
Our talented field sales/service and specialist teams have over the years delivered great and sustainable business results. With a constant focus on growth and by developing new markets we are able to increase the business even within very challenging economic circumstances.
As Field Service Engineer, you are an ambassador of Waters and will bring to the market Waters’ products and services. The candidate will demonstrates a clear grasp of understanding the customers’ business and its growth plans and is able to take that knowledge and convert that into a solution and offering from Waters, with a primary aim of bringing “customer success”.
This position brings a great degree of flexibility working in the field. The role will be designated to either a territory and/or markets.
What You Will Do
- Installation, performance maintenance, troubleshoot and support Waters' product suite (LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC, SFC, Informatics).
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with external and internal customers ensuring their success.
- Manage customer expectations, by communicating work performed and providing follow up plan if needed.
- Ensure customer compliance regulations are followed.
- Deliver system level training at customer sites.
- Manage service inventory according to Waters policies.
- Issue field service reports daily to document work performed.
- Maintain sound knowledge regarding the technology and customers' application demands.
- Work with Sales team in respect to identifying future business development opportunities and needs for service contract sales.
- Ensure that quality system procedures and Health & Safety standards are adhered to at all times.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelors/Master's Degree in Chemistry or Biology, engineering or other science related field is desired, will also consider applications with equivalent experience, training and education.
- 1-year experience with installation, performance maintenance, troubleshooting, support and/or end user utilization of scientific instrumentation, preference for previous Waters product suite (LC, LC/MS, HPLC/UPLC, SFC, Informatics).
- Fresh graduates with Chemistry background are welcome to apply.
- Keen interest to work in challenging and dynamic environment with steep learning curve.
- Candidate selection will be based on adaptation, interest, and communication ability.
- Must possess a strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills: ability to communicate effectively to a diverse audience with specific customer needs.
- Personal sense of integrity.
- Effective time management skills.
- System level approach to problem solving.
- Analytical mindset with a strong drive to resolve open issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- This is a territory-based position with travelling within Singapore, and occasional travels to other countries for activities such as governance of department, local business support, meetings and training.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Chemical Processing
- Closing Date:17th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm