Software Engineering builds the brains of Waymo's fully self-driving vehicles. Our software allows our vehicles to perceive the world around them, make the right decision for every situation, and deliver people safely to their destinations. We think deeply and solve complex technical challenges in areas like robotics, perception, decision-making and deep learning, while collaborating with hardware and systems engineers. If you’re a software engineer or researcher who’s curious and passionate about Level 4 autonomous driving, we'd like to meet you.
What You Will Do
- Build decision-making systems for the self-driving vehicles, ensuring that the behavior of our vehicles is safe, smooth, and predictable to other road users.
- Build robust solutions to cutting-edge driving problems.
- Improve how our vehicles act and react in complex and nuanced situations.
- Grow a fundamental understanding of the next driving challenges by analyzing real-world logs collected on our state-of-the-art fleet.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be enrolled in a MS/PHD program in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study.
- Experience in at least one of - machine learning, search algorithms, robotics.
- Experience in data structures and advanced algorithms.
- Experience programming in C++ and with robust, safety-critical, efficient code.
- Job type:Internships
United States (United...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm