The routing team is responsible for determining the fastest, safest, and most comfortable route from point A to point B on a city-wide scale. In this role, interns will create real production software to control the high-level, real-time onboard routing behavior of the self-driving car.
Depending on background, interns will develop new machine-learned models for routing behavior, create tools to help understand routing decisions, or develop more robust state-of-the-art search algorithms.
What You Will Do
- Develop new machine learned models of real-world routing behavior, develop new robust graph search algorithms, or develop tools to visualize and understand routing decisions and user preferences.
- Write code that can run in realtime on a self-driving car at scale.
- Create routes which are safe, comfortable, and pleasant for the user.
- Extensively test new routing behavior in simulated environments.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Must be enrolled in a BS/MS/PHD program (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Robotics, similar technical field of study.
- A solid foundation in software engineering.
- Strong experience with data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortability with C++.
- Background in one or more of machine learning, UX design, and/or algorithms research.
- Experience writing performance-sensitive systems.
- Experience deploying long-lived machine-learned models.
- Experience with motion planning systems.
- Job type:Internships
United States (United...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2018, 6:00 pm