Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company. At the core of this program is to understand the entire supply chain process - from identifying suppliers all the way to manufacturing.
Procurement, Logistics, and Manufacturing teams use state-of-the-art technology and a customer-centric Supply Chain Strategy to manage a global network and an unmatched trade partner order fulfillment process. Full time participants have one rotation in each space - Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Procurement. Manufacturing roles will focus on a pillar within our Whirlpool Production System with Procurement roles typically interfacing with global process partners. Through the variety of experiences you will have a consistent mentor while developing a diverse network.
- Logistics/Planning/Trade Customer Support Roles - Product Fulfillment Team - Inventory Management, Product Demand Planning - Forecasting; Transportation Team - Inbound/Outbound Logistics; Global Logistics Team – Damage Prevention, Global Ocean Bids, Reverse Logistics; Trade Customer Support Team – Customer Relations Supervision (Leadership role) & Continuous Improvement.
- Procurement Roles - Direct Procurement Buyer for various goods (i.e. steel, resins, chemicals, stampings, plastics); Finished Product Sourcing Project Management; Indirect Procurement Buyer; Product Management for product launch; Distressed Supplier Management; Supplier Quality and Development.
- Manufacturing Roles - Continuous Improvement, Materials Planning, Material Flow, Assembly & Operations Supervision (Leadership roles).
Required Skills and Abilities
- B.S. degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Applied Engineering Sciences or Industrial Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0.
- Previous internship or co-op experience working in a similar environment or company of similar size/scope to Whirlpool; within supply chain, procurement or manufacturing.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and statistical applications knowledge.
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with business partners.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results.
- Thought leader—brings thought leadership to every meeting to create positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated personal accountability for results and high level of initiative.
- Ability to align your work to company and/or function vision and strategy.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain, Management,...
United States (United...
- Closing Date:7th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm