Manufacturing is at the heart of what we do at Whirlpool Corporation. The program is designed for you to experience roles within manufacturing. Our Manufacturing Leadership Development Program (MLDP) focuses on Whirlpool Production System pillars, and internship experiences could be in areas such as lean manufacturing, quality, materials, and many more. Interns are assigned to one of our five Ohio plants in Clyde, Findlay, Greenville, Marion or Ottawa.
What You Wil Do
- Read scrap reduction initiatives, including project scope and timeline development, problem solving with suppliers, establishing standardized solutions and implementing changes.
- Manage equipment/resource relocation projects which could include - Redesign of current equipment or resources, working with suppliers to identify new equipment options and leading change management with impacted team members.
- Design, develop, review and conduct coordination for test programs or components, small systems or processes, or materials taking into account customers, product performance, cost and quality requirements.
- Focus on cost-savings initiatives across a plant including - Standardized work audits, increasing first pass yield, scrap reduction, etc.
- Coordinate with business partners across functions, from Procurement and Supply Chain to Engineering.
- Learn and apply Lean Manufacturing techniques to project(s).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Progress toward completing a B.S degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management.
- Second year standing student or higher with minimum cumulative G.P.A of 3.0/4.0.
- Demonstrated maturity and confidence to effectively present ideas.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to build and maintain. relationships in a culturally diverse environment.
- Self-discipline and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Proven decision-making skills and ability to analyze and solve complex business problems through innovation and creativity.
- Ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results.
- Job type:Internships
Ohio (United States...
- Closing Date:7th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm